Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart B Stuart B is offline

Default Low Level Cistern - Connect Overflow to Flush Pipe

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:47:00 -0000, "TheScullster"
wrote:

Hi all

As the subject really. Is there any reason why I shouldn't pipe an overflow
from the side of a cistern down and under said cistern and tee into flush
pipe?
If so, is there a reducing tee type fitting that would take 22mm overflow
pipe into the side of 38mm flush pipe?
The current overflow goes into a room soon to be a kitchen (hopefully).
I want to keep the existing cistern, box it in and fit a back to wall pan.
This way I have one toilet in the house that gives a decent flush volume
(unlike the flush three times 6Litre models currently on the market).

TIA

Phil

So long as the flush pipe doesn't get blocked furth of the overflow
connection and the cistern doesn't overflow at the same time ...bit
unlikely I admit ...suppose it's the same with syphons with builtin
overflow arrangements ....did you consider changing to one of them ?