Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default Satellite dishes

On Mar 5, 11:19 pm, Timothy Murphy
wrote:
Roger R wrote:
In that case you would require a 60 cm dish for BBC channels on Astra 2 at
28 degrees east of south and/or an 80 cm dish for Hotbird at 13 degrees
east of south for a selection of European channels.

Anyone know if one can pick up BBC TV by satellite in Italy?

I'm in the London area and can pick up Astra and Hotbird no problem
with my nearly 60cm wide/40cm high sky dish even in the rain. ...not
at the same time though with the single LNB.

BBC used to be on an astra sat with wider coverage but they switched
to one with more of a focus on the UK so for italy one would need a
massive dish.

Some sky boxes will pick up and store non-SKY fta channels but the
interface isn't very good so a regular satellite receiver would be
better.