Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
[email protected] miso@sushi.com is offline

Default Favorite bench supply circuit?

On Mar 5, 2:16 pm, Usual Suspect wrote:
sez:

...$20, which is what I pay for bench supplies.

Where?
--
Al, the usual

Electronics (ham) swap meets. Any used HP is fine. Some of the Lambda
late model supplies with digital readouts have problems, but the older
gear is good. None of mine have digital displays, but meters are
cheap. I even have one of the HP Harrison supplies, which are stone
age. Speak of the devil:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-HARRISON-6200...C-BENCH-POWER-
SUPPLY_W0QQitemZ330093581220QQihZ014QQcategoryZ582 86QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
This this the Lamba that often has trouble:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=330094946204&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RUPX _Pr8_PcY_BID_Stores_IT&refitem=330093581220&itemco unt=8&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=UpSe ll_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

Bench supplies are quite heavy. I'd sure hate to buy one on ebay
unless the seller double packs it. Still, I'd get a HP supply from
Ebay before building my own.

Speaking of supplies with digital readouts, I recall a chip I designed
that worked fine with any bench supply except those HP with the
readout. [I'd have to research to find the number.] It turns out HP
put in a nice soft start feature that was so "soft" it found a flaw in
my undervoltage lockout.