Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Satellite dishes

In article ,
"Roger R" writes:

| Thanks for everyone who responded. I forgot to say that it would be
| only free-to-air - my opinion of Sky is such that I won't touch them.
|
| In that case you would require a 60 cm dish for BBC channels on Astra 2 at
| 28 degrees east of south and/or an 80 cm dish for Hotbird at 13 degrees east
| of south for a selection of European channels.
|
| A more advanced set up is to add a motor to the dish mount to enable
| armchair switching between satellites.

Thanks very much. I was hoping to get away with a fixed installation;
I shall have to recheck.

I was told by an installer that the receiver had to be next to the
television. Is that the case with all of them, or can they be installed
in the roof (power, but not easily accessible)?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.