Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

Default Advice on spray gun choice

"Neil" wrote in message
I need to paint a corrugated iron shed - 9M x 6m x 2.4M high. It seems to
be a big job for a brush and I'm not sure if a roller would get down into
the ripples of the profile, so I'm thinking of spraying it. I'm tempted to
try this airless spray gun from Screwfix - dead cheap and possibly not the
best of finishes, but perhaps sufficient for my needs. What do you folks
think - any experience of using these things - should it do the job?

http://tinyurl.com/2b2g27

Also does anybody have a contact/URL for industrial (read low cost) paint
for this job. I am planning to completely reclad the shed sometime next
year so it doesn't need to be all that high quality/long lasting paint,
but needs to be able to cover.

1 Overspray will be "interesting" as to where it ends up.
2 Long bristled brushes will be more effective.
3 If colour isn't an issue then as long as the surface is dry and
clean(ish) a god exterior paint will do.
4 Wait for "Bob-a-Job" week and invest in some Boy Scouts for the work
;-)