Posted to alt.home.repair
glenn P glenn P is offline

Default Cockroach Problem

It's called "Roach prufe", and works well. Available anywhere.

If you can seal off all entry points, and I mean down to the pipes running
through your building, doors, toilet, every drain & sink, you can kill an
infestation (as I have) without insecticide in about two to three weeks ( I
work OS for three months a year = easy) - eggs may hatch in this period
though. They can't live without water for more than about 2 weeks.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Cool. Well some of the furniture I had delivered came in boxes.
Those were broken down and thrown away after we found the roaches. I
suppose it's possible they were in there. But in any case, I haven't
stayed a single night in the apartment since I signed the lease. So
there's been no food, no water. I don't know if that makes any
difference in my odds of being done with these little buggers. Can I
purchase boric acid on my own, in case I vacuum some up while
cleaning?

On Mar 5, 3:30 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Thanks Lar. Before the manager called the exterminators, I took a few
dead ones to an exterminator who said they were German Roaches.
However the exterminator who sprayed said they were 'brown bandit'.
I'm assuming he meant brown banded? Anyways, since I only noticed
them after the furniture was delivered, I suppose it could have been
that, but I kind of doubt it.. I've found a couple whoppers, but the
past day or two have just been tiny (or small) ones. I'm going to try
cooking something there tomorrow night as I haven't fully moved in
yet, and see if any come out to see what's cooking. There's also a
huge hole in the wall under the kitchen sink where the pipers are, and
I have a feeling that's where they're coming from. Spray foam to the
rescue.

For your move, did you get any free cardboard boxes from a supermarket?
If
yes, get them out of the house ASAP.