Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jerry_maple@hotmail.com is offline

Default Light Switch is Very Warm to Touch, How Fix?

On Mar 5, 12:23 pm, "Albert" wrote:
Have a dimmer light switch that controls 12, 60watt light bulbs in our
kitchen ceiling. The switch gets very warm to the touch.

As other posters have said, dimmers normally run warm. I recently
installed a 600 watt dimmer in my bathroom that runs about 450 watts
worth of lights. The cover plate will feel warm after 5 or 10 minutes,
the dimmer the lights, the less heat.

Also, as others have said, you're running too big a load for a 600
watt dimmer. If that's what you have in there, you should change it.

Jerry