Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Electrical Service hookup

What are you basing this on?

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
The neutral should be the same size AND insulated also and 2/0 is fine.
3/0 would be fine also, but yes, would be overkill.

--
Steve Barker

"Iowna Uass" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm changing my service from 100 to 200 amp and I have a few questions
regarding wire size.

The service is overhead lines to the meter and then via 2 inch galv steel
conduit to the panel. The hydro company supplies the lines up to the mast
head and I'm responsible for the rest.

The local codes state the minimum size of conductor to be RW # 2/0 with a
bare # 3 for neutral.

I'm wondering if using RW # 3/0 is overkill? I'm not sure what size would
be good for the neutral. Would bare # 3 still work?