Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Favorite bench supply circuit?

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 20:06:49 +0000, Usual Suspect wrote:

I want to build a bench power supply, and am looking 'round the net for a
good circuit.

Requirements: 2 outputs, adjustable v, adjustable i, v & i meters (or
digits). Prefer 30v max, or similar. Preset v selections (5, 12, 15, etc.)
would be nice.

Here's one I found, complete with the designer's smiling face on each
circuit illustration:

http://members.shaw.ca/roma/supply-4.html

What's your favorite circuit? Features you like that I haven't mentioned?

It looks like a lot of fun, actually. To make it really sexy, you should
check the LM317 data sheet, and modify this one to be adjustable down to
0. :-) A current limit wouldn't hurt, and I guess you can do whatever
metering you want to.

I do kinda like the idea of presets - I even already have a circuit
in mind for n latching circuits for n spst switches. :-)

Have Fun!
Rich