Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Why GO BIG?

I agree that a Stubby is comparable to a Mercedes or a Beamer so if
owning the best is your cup of tea it's a good way to go, but a Jet mini
is not a moped. It's at least a Chevvie or a Dodge, maybe a Cambry.
Some of the sheet metal lathes, HF and old AMTs might be scooters, but
my little Jet and mid sized N3k work for me and don't owe me anything.

I'm the limiting factor, not my lathes. I could be getting hard of
hearing, but so far I haven't needed ear muffs. My affordable lathes do
shake once every day, but only when the long freight trains crossing the
nearby bridge make everything shudder. My mail is delivered so I don't
need a Ferrari to go get it. It would probably be dented in the parking
lot anyway.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter