Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Electrical Questions

When Roger Shoaf first answered the question by saying " as many as will
fit", should be a correct answer as panel manufacturers now, design the buss
and rails to allow only a limited combination of breaker sizes in them, but
many of the panels made in the sixties and seventies had nothing for
preventing overloading . It seemed to me their main concern was keeping
other manufactures breakers out of their panels

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
news
In article , "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:
408.35

Thanks -- I learned something new today.

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
In article , "John Grabowski"
wrote:
The maximum allowable circuit breakers (Thin or full size) in any panel
is
42.

Not disputing you, just curious -- do you have a Code cite for that? I
don't
remember seeing that anywhere...

--
Regards,