Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default 8 gauge wire to 30 amp circuit

Nec requires an outlet and plug to connect your range, which is actually
good in your case as most of the wiring chambers on duel fuel units are
tight. Use the oversized cable, but connect it to a thirty amp four wire
outlet and use thirty amp cord set as well. Be real careful to note the
exact location where the outlets is to be installed. There's generally
little room for error

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is a great place for information thanks.

We are buying a dual fuel range that specifies a 30 amp 4 wire for
installation. I have 8 gauge wire and I'm wondering if it will be a
problem to use that for the 30 amp breaker or if i should get 10 gauge
instead--the run to the box is about 18 feet.

Thanks,
Gavin