Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default wiring question Knob and Tube

House inspectors are not electrical inspectors. They usually note anything
that needs attention or can cost you money to repair or upgrade. The good
ones will recognize violations too

"mm" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 09:45:17 -0600, Deke wrote:

I would remove ALL the exposed knob and tube, even though its
disconnected. Makes selling your home easier in the future/

I would be impressed, and like it.

if you can see it remove it!

I agree. That stuff is scary for most of us.

Just shows how old the house is. I like that.

BTW is an inspector unqualified just because he doesn't note K&T.
AIUI, it's still legal. Does he fill out a detailed report, or is he
only supposed to note violatons?