Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default Ozone Generators - Anyone with experience?

I heard that OZone can agravate problems with those who have
breathing issues. Like Asthma.

Any truth in this?

I would not be at all surprised.

Some restaurants use low power ozone generators in occupied areas but the
small amount of ozone is quickly "neutralized" by the kitchen odors.

When a truly powerful ozone generator is use the general idea is to put it
on a timer so that it turns off 1/2 to 1 hour beform anyone gets back home.
If someone is sensitive, I suppose the time could be increased.

But I also understand that "killer" ozone levels kills the stuff that also
makes asthma worse. I guess the best approach is to run the machine just
after the amthma victim leaves the home for the day and give the O3 plenty
of time to decay.

tom @ www.FatHubby.com