Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need to fix old valve radio

On Mar 5, 9:58 am, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

There is also a 4 digits serial number, 2xxx
Probably not too many of those about today :-)
Made in America
Rated 110 to 125 Volts 50-60 cycles 40W
Yet (strangely) was always operated from 220V.
I need to change the power cable, it is probably the original and
is crumbling in a very dangerous way, so I might get a glimps
to the internal components. It looks like a big job simply to take
the unit out from the wooden box without damaging the tuning
mechanics. I wonder if it can simply slide out or if it needs to
be lifted out (bad).

Be aware that many radios of this time were 110 volts and used the mains
cord as a dropper to obtain that from 240.

--
*Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.