Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber Pat Barber is offline

Default HVLP sprayer

A airless sprayer would be much better for that application.
Go to Sherwin Williams or other pro paint stores and ask
some questions. They "might" have rental units.

That Harbor Freight is for bird houses not people houses.

RM MS wrote:

Has anybody used the Harbor Freight HVLP sprayers? They have one for $49
and another for $99 and they look very similar, in fact the cheaper one
is very nicely made, cast metal gun handle, metal paint cup and metal
pickup siphon tube. I want to spray semi-transparent stain on the cedar
siding of my house. The stain is very thin, but strongly pigmented. Some
years ago I sprayed solid color stain on another wooden house I owned .
The gun was an airless Wagner pulse-type. Spray pattern was small, maybe
3"' across. Hoping one of the HVLP will throw a larger pattern. If
anybody has actually USED one of these, I welcome your email