Posted to rec.woodworking
RM MS RM MS is offline

Default HVLP sprayer

Has anybody used the Harbor Freight HVLP sprayers? They have one for $49
and another for $99 and they look very similar, in fact the cheaper one
is very nicely made, cast metal gun handle, metal paint cup and metal
pickup siphon tube. I want to spray semi-transparent stain on the cedar
siding of my house. The stain is very thin, but strongly pigmented. Some
years ago I sprayed solid color stain on another wooden house I owned .
The gun was an airless Wagner pulse-type. Spray pattern was small, maybe
3"' across. Hoping one of the HVLP will throw a larger pattern. If
anybody has actually USED one of these, I welcome your email