Posted to uk.d-i-y
2600 2600 is offline

Default Drains!

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:56:12 GMT, "Mark" wrote:

I'm having problems with my drains (I have a private septic tank) and
to my untrained eye it looks like the problem is in the part of the
drainage channel a foot or two before it enters the septic tank.

Why do you think this?
FWIW we have had so much rain recently that the ground were mine empties is
waterlogged, so not draining away as fast as it normally does.

Good point, I meant to mention the rain. Could well be that.

Additionally I've been told in the past that the U-shaped loop of
plastic inside the solids tank (where the pipe enters the solids tank)
is too close to the inlet pipe which can additionally cause solids to
build up within that U-shaped gap.

It should not be a U but inverted L shape, which should extend about 1m
below the surface crust.

I mean it's a U shape when looked at from the top (I can't see any
further down due to the water and gunk in there).