Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default Furnace sucking in dust from garage?

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:37:16 -0500, EXT wrote:

Where are you? In most areas of North America, furnaces that heat houses
are illegal in garages because of the possibility of carbon monoxide and
gasoline fumes from the cars, and the inability to provide a one hour
firebreak between the garage and the house.

I have a relative that lives in Atlanta. Her home is no more than 10
years old in my estimation. The furnace is also in the garage. So is the
hot water heater. The kitchen and other areas are over the garage as well.

I don't think his furnace should be sucking dust from the garage though.
If his furnace filter is covered with dust from the garage, that is an
indication that the air to the house is coming from the wrong place.