Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default Furnace sucking in dust from garage?

dnoyeB- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, no more info. I reached the limit of my experience with
the Building Code comment. I got some bids on a remodel some years ago
and the code requirements for isolating the attached garage from the house
were a PITA.

One of my later houses had the same arrangement that you describe, i.e.
door between an attached garage and the furnace room. I had a hefty door
with good weather stripping and a well-sealed common wall.

Jason

Actually my furnace and CO detector is in the basement. There is no door
in that area. But there are some wires that run from the garage into the
basement since house is about 2 feet higher than the garage, those 2 feet
are in the basement ceiling area. So the sprinkler controls in the garage
have the wiring going into the basement. Maybe I need to seal that hole
tighter or something.