Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default Well Pump Short Cycling

I think that is the second time you mentioned the pressure switch. I
gave myself another installement on the flat forehead syndrom by
slapping myself there. Before I paid anyone to pull the pump, I would
replace the pressure switch - That eliminates the cheapest and fastest
and simplest possible cause.

Well, if you are up to replacing the pressure switch then exposed wired
holds no terror for you.

Just take the cover off and WATCH. If you have a VERY DRY piece of wood
you can manually force the switch into operate regardless of what the
pressure is. It could be that the "dead" zone (the distance between the
low and high points) has been reduced because of some problem.

Harry K