Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Tong Jonathan Tong is offline

Default problem with condensation in loft insulation

On Feb 2, 1:49 pm, "
wrote:
So this weekend I think I'm going up in the loft and looking for any

I finally found the time to go up in the loft (what with having a
toddler and a baby). The majority of the Pink Panther has no
condensation or mould inside it so I decided to rip open the top of
the sections that did and tuck the extra plastic sheeting down the
sides - the tops are now completely open to the atmosphere.
Unsuprisingly to those in the know, the open sections are over the
bathroom and over the airing cupboard (that houses the hot water
tank).

There are no obvious holes in the ceiling of the bathroom except for
the light fitting so I guess the moist air is being transported
through the plasterboard ceiling as a whole?