Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete Step

On Mar 4, 5:32?pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
"diablo" wrote in message

I need to add a small 4-1/2 " high step to an existing concrete sidewalk.
Where the sidewalk meets the porch my dad has trouble stepping up to the 9"
porch step. My thoughts were to pour a step about 4-1/2" high and 16" deep
on top of the side walk to cut the stepping distance in half for him.

My plan was to drill a few holes in the old sidewalk, drop a few pieces of
rebar in there to hold the new step. And just build a form for the step. I
was going to use Quikrete and just smooth the top with a trowel, figure
that will leave a rough enough surface so he doesn't slip in rain.

Does that sound like a good plan?

Sure, but you could also build a step or ramp using treated lumber which
would be easier to remove later.

Yeah outdoor wood less work, beware all steps should be the same
height or people WILL trip!