Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,alt.electronics
Thomas G. Marshall Thomas G. Marshall is offline

Default 50 Dying batteries: Can they be shorted by cardboard if humid enough?

Jamie said something like:
Homer J Simpson wrote:

"Radiosrfun" wrote in message

Batteries in bulk are usually pretty cheap. At our local store, I can
buy
a 4 pack for a $1 - batteries I use often with no issues. OR I can buy a
12 pack for a $1, which I HAVE had issues with - leaking. Price doesn't
always dictate quality, but sometimes - it does.

I can buy an 8 pack for $1 here. They're good. The fake Energizer 12 per
pack are total crap.

Kind of reminds me when i bought a brick of what i thought was
Duracell's AA's. after the first set of cells died in a short
lived period, i noticed they said Duraking and had the same copper
top casing and all.

Is there a reliable 3rd party battery reviewer/tester/etc. ? Perhaps
consumer reports? Or does anyone else know of any?

I can tell you from a fairly thorough experiment of mine involving a Sony
Walkman (analog audio casset tape) in the gym for nearly 2 hours every day,
that AA-energizer (classic energizer, not e2 or anything else fancy) beat
duracell's standard coppertop alkaline every single time. Big thorough
experiement, but very narrowly focused on 2 brands, one device, and one
"way" of using it (left on with no stops and restarts). But it was without
deviation: E beat D in this narrow case.

But what of BJ's "Berkely & Jensen" OEM'd brand? Or any of the other
million mumble names out there, probably 99% of them originating in asia.
Any good ones people like?

--
Everythinginlifeisrealative.Apingpongballseemssmal luntilsomeoneramsitupyournose.