Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,alt.electronics
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default 50 Dying batteries: Can they be shorted by cardboard if humid enough?

"Jack" wrote in message

"maxfoo" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 14:52:39 GMT, "Thomas G. Marshall"
. com wrote:

Report the seller to ebay's fraud department and have the idiot banned
from
ebay. If more people would report these scammers it might make it a
better
shopping experience.
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/?ssPageName=f:f:US

Pretty extreme retribution toward someone whose product was 96%
satisfactory and who was working with the buyer to resolve the problem.
Perhaps you could share your Ebay id with the group so we could avoid
doing business with you.

Do we "really" know the seller was working to solve the problem? OR just
blowing off the buyer with a bunch of questions - he himself may have had no
clue of? I'm not saying the seller wasn't trying to resolve the issue - but
there is no way to prove it. It is as we've seen, a far stretch to imagine
"cardboard shipping container" to short out batteries. OR some being dead as
I believe was also the case.

In buying bulk, you're probably always going to have some defective product
show up - I've had it happen to me. Actually, maybe the seller could have
offered to reimburse some money for loss - but if "he" wasn't BSing the
buyer, then he had about as much knowledge and chance for a refund - as the
buyer seems to have had. Us trying to prove the case for the buyer OR
seller - most likely won't make a damned bit of difference to the original
supplier if the seller indeed relied on one.

When you factor in all the product in a "bulk" deal - you figure out your
per piece cost and then see what you've lost. Is it worth dicking around
trying to prove anything - or just toss in the trash and forget about it?
Batteries in bulk are usually pretty cheap. At our local store, I can buy a
4 pack for a $1 - batteries I use often with no issues. OR I can buy a 12
pack for a $1, which I HAVE had issues with - leaking. Price doesn't always
dictate quality, but sometimes - it does.

Just my 2 cents