clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default Advice to keep cars from sliding into my yard on bad curve.

On 02 Mar 2004 17:21:18 GMT, (JMartin957) wrote:

I live out in the country and part of my front yard is on a curve.
Constantly when it is wet outside, cars go too fast around it despite
signs being posted and end up sliding in my front yard. There is a
small ditch along the road that they go through and into my front
yard. Yesterday, someone even took out a bush I had planted at the end
of my driveway.

ANy bright ideas on what I could do? I thought about taking a tiller
and making the ditch deeper where it would be harder for cars to go
through. I even though of welding together some sort of guardrail to
but on my side of the ditch.

Any help woould be greatly appreciated!

Plant oaks.

In the meantime, dig the ditch deeper so they at least can't get out again.
Tell 'em the dogs must have done it.

Large rocks are an option. Tell 'em the wind must have blown them there.

Years ago, the country road we lived on was winding and unpaved, and was
because of those characteristics often used for sports car rallies. One of the
neighbors did just that, and one of the drivers hit the furrows plowed in the
road, then the rocks. Broke an axle spindle. When he came back with a cop,
the neighbor remarked that if he had been driving at a reasonable speed he
would have had no trouble negotiating the obstacles. The policeman agreed that
it was likely that the dogs and the wind were the real culprits.

Today, it might not go over as well.

Last thing I'd do is complain to the town, though. They'd probably take 20
feet of your property to widen and straighten the curve.

John Martin

20 feet less grass to mow, and no ruts might be worth