Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Scott Townsend Scott Townsend is offline

Default Booster Pump Connection - Size?

So how do I determine my GPM?
I figure 3 showers @ 2 GPM, and the Dish and Close washer at maybe 1 GPM, so
that would be 8GPM, so make it an Even 10 GPM, Pressure we would like
between 40 and 70 PSI . I think we are between 30 and 60 now and its a bit
low.

Hmmm... have not thought of the Flex Cracking. It will be all Indoors and
out of any Sunlight.

Thanks,
Scott-
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
The house could have 3 showers, Dishwasher and Laundry all going at the
same time. What size booster pump should I be looking at? I was
thinking a 1HP minimum.

HP is only one factor. You want to look at the volume (GPM) and the
pressure. Determine your requirements first.

Then what is the best way to connect the booster pump to the PVC? I was
hoping to get some sort of Flex piping similar to the stuff that is
connecting the Pool equipment. Help cut back on the vibration to the
rigid conduit and to the structure.

If the pump is properly mounted and the PVC is properly connected and
supported, it is better than a flex pipe that can flex and crack over
time.