PJ

Default CAUTION about varifocal lenses (was Bifocals)

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
s.com...
Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Jim Stewart" wrote: (clip) My wife loves hers, but it took 3 trys for

her
opto to get them right.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How would anyone know whether the difficulties are due to not having it
right yet, or just being unable to use them?

I honestly don't know. I know I hated them and when I
told my opto why, he didn't push it. My wife, on the
other hand, *wanted* the lenses and made it work.

I have had experience with an
optometrist who was reluctant to replace the lenses, and tried very hard

con me into keeping the original glasses (normal bifocals, not

varifocals.)
It turned out that the problem I was experiencing was covered in a

Consumers
Reports article, and was well known, but this doc "seemed" to know

nothing
about it. Needless to say, I haven't been back there.

I had the same experience a few years ago. I thought the lenses were just
ground wrong, and told the doctor that. Ended up trading for regular
bifocals and reading glasses. Still using the reading ones.....Paul