Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PEX vs. CPVC vs. Copper

"HerHusband" wrote in message

And that's the catch. PEX isn't of much use without the appropriate
fittings, manifolds, and the crimping tool. Even if I was lucky enough to
find the PEX I needed at the home centers, I couldn't do anything with it
unless I had the fittings and the tool.

A local hardware chain, Aubuchon's carries some PEX and has compression
fitting for it. In my case, I needed to do a 6' patch where the copper was
a problem. It is a situation where it is difficult to get to solder, can't
get the right fittings, etc. PEX was a simple fix. While Sacramento Dave
like copper because it is a lifetime job, this particular setup has failed
twice because of a bad setup from the original plumbing job.