Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Larson Neil Larson is offline

Default Sharpening Station Plans

Any body have any unique plans for a sharpening station. I have a standard
8" double wheel grinder, a Delta Sharpening Station and a Jet Slow Speed Wet
Sharpening System. I use the Jet 80% of the time and the Delta about the
next 18% but there are times that I need a real live rough grinder, so, I
would like to find a way to mount and store all of them in a rack/cabinet
that I can switch them out. As a secondary issue, I still do have need for a
ceramic stone though I am thinking about switching to the Scary Sharpening
Syatem for flatening my plane blades and chisel backs. So some room for that
would be ok, but not a real requirement, I use my bench now.

I was thinking of a tall wheeled cabinet with the Jet on top. The pedestal
would be just big enough for the Jet. It would present the Jet at low chest
level then have lower shelves on each side for the grinder and the Delta.
Another option might be the interchangeable top system. I did that in a
double cabinet for my planer, belt/disk sander, scroll saw and spindle
sander.

Anybody tried or seen anything like this or anybody have a better idea? Any
input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance

Neil Larson