Jerry G.

Default Advice to keep cars from sliding into my yard on bad curve.

Do not tamper with anything on the public road, or cause any condition for
property damage or injury to the offenders. You should go to the municipal
department for your area, and have this properly dealt with. Take some
photos as evidence to this concern. I am sure that they would have a legal
solution for you. If not, you can make a case, and ask for a public hearing
in the municipal court for your county. Just make sure you have convincing
evidence.

Putting up a proper barrier with the proper warning signs would be more
appropriate. The barrier and any signs would have to be made to be visible
both night and day. I am assuming from what you said, that there are signs.
Maybe you can convince the city to put up a stop sign near the curve, with a
warning sign about 500 feet before the curve. You will then have to put up
with the noise of the cars and trucks stopping and starting near to your
home, if they do this.

In the mid 50's, my parents had this type of problem, but in the city. We
had some streets where there were no stop signs, and people and cyclists
were having frequent accidents from cars. My father took photos, and kept
records. After about a year, he made a public case. Within an hour he had
the judgment passed. They had to make proper crossings, and put stop signs
on every corner in the area. Everything was done within the next month
after.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Don" wrote in message
m...
Hey there, got an unusual question:

I live out in the country and part of my front yard is on a curve.
Constantly when it is wet outside, cars go too fast around it despite
signs being posted and end up sliding in my front yard. There is a
small ditch along the road that they go through and into my front
yard. Yesterday, someone even took out a bush I had planted at the end
of my driveway.

ANy bright ideas on what I could do? I thought about taking a tiller
and making the ditch deeper where it would be harder for cars to go
through. I even though of welding together some sort of guardrail to
but on my side of the ditch.

Any help woould be greatly appreciated!