Posted to alt.home.repair
Berkshire Bill Berkshire Bill is offline

Default How much should a small remodel cost?

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 4, 8:13�am, "Berkshire Bill" wrote:
"John" wrote in message

I have a small bathroom remodel, probably about 10 hours, certainly no
more
then 20 hours of work for one person. How much should I be looking to pay
a contractor? What is the labor rate, not counting hardware?

I generally won't quote if the customer is providing the material, so I
would probably bid $8000.00 if there isn't a bathtub or toilet involved.

Bill

how does the OP to its 8 to 10 hours.

whats being done? all new fixtures or paper and paint?

replacing any plumbing can expand job as lines ion bad condition are
found.

so whats being done?

That's the reason for the high quote. We don't know if he wants velvet
wallpaper applied, 12"x12" deep shag carpet tile, plastic as opposed to
ceramic tile or a vinyl tub surround. Maybe a popcorn ceiling?

Bill