Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much should a small remodel cost?

On Mar 4, 9:36�am, "Sacramento Dave" wrote:
"Berkshire Bill" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message
I have a small bathroom remodel, probably about 10 hours, certainly no
more then 20 hours of work for one person. *How much should I be looking
to pay a contractor? *What is the labor rate, not counting hardware?

I generally won't quote if the customer is providing the material, *so I
would probably bid $8000.00 if there isn't a bathtub or toilet involved.

Bill

* * *When I was in the remodel business and the customer would know all the
answers labor time, material cost, *how to do the job I would triple the bid
because I knew what I was up against.

yeah i repair machines too much customer mucking about I raise
estimate, too many hassles.

again what needs done?

changing a toilet appears easy till you find a cracked flange, the
floor not level, the sewer line detoriating, the shut off valve to the
toilet bad, the line the valve connects too snaps off

Dont laugh it happened here, and the fellow reploacing the ceramic
tile floor managed to put a hole in a water line but it wasnt really
his fault. bad original install 50 years ago.

might as well can kill any budget.......