Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with Electric Hedge Trimmer

On Mar 4, 9:16�am, "Dimitrios Paskoudniakis"
wrote:
I have a Black&Decker electric hedge trimmer - you know the kind, with the
thumb safety, the index finger trigger, and the 2-3 ft long shears, which
operates on electrical power from a cord plugged into an outlet.

All of a sudden the unit keeps cutting off even with the trigger held. *The
cord is firmly seated for electrical continuity. *At one point I had severed
the power cord, repaired it, so was thinking it was the cord, but even with
a new replacement cord the symptom persists, and I do get the intermittent
brief "on" with the original cord. *The original cord does provide power for
other things, so it is not the cord, but perhaps the severing shorted
something in the trimmer?

Here's the peculiarity: *If I rotate the unit so that it is upside down, it
runs. *As soon as I rotate it rightside up, it conks out again.

Any ideas as to what this is, and if it is easily repairable, or do I just
need to buy a new one?

might be a loose brush or the power cord on the trimmer itself is bad,
assuming the trimmer has a short cord attached.

try getting it to barely run then twist the cord.

they are really chep units