Smelly Belly

Default Found a BackHoe

far too much money for too little machine. try to pick up a diesel.

don't believe the hours on it.

I wouldn't pay more than US$1,500 for a gas machine with no
canopy/extendahoe/etc.

make sure the unit you end up with can at least pick up a full load of dirt
on both ends at full extension.

I can pick up a newer diesel 580D unit, with cab and extenda-hoe for under
CDN$10,000.

"RogerN" wrote in message
hlink.net...

I've been looking for a backhoe and found one to go take a look at

tomorrow.
I'm not wanting to have to make payments on it so this is about as much as

can afford. It's a 1979 Case 580C with 190X hours, gas engine, no cab,
$7500. The owner says it probably needs a battery, he has to charge it
every few months. The owner says he mostly uses the loader, the backhoe
mostly serves the purpose of weight, and occasionaly removing a bush. If
this is in the condition as described, does it sound like a reasonable

deal?
I know the 580C is getting a little old, but 1905 or 6 hours sounds pretty
new hours wise, he says that is the actual hours. Anyway, I'm supposed to
go and take a look at it tomorrow, it's about ~42 miles away from here.

Thanks!