Al Patrick

Default Advice to keep cars from sliding into my yard on bad curve.

I think you have the right idea. Deepen the ditch and then they can
ROLL across it into your front porch -- if going fast enough. However,
it will probably stop those who aren't speeding toooo fast. Be careful
of tampering with anything within the right of way.

You could add a guard rail. Make it LOOK strong enough to demolish the
entire car if they hit it. This way they can see it when the road is
dry and IMAGINE what will happen if they slide into it. HOWEVER, I'd
make it "breakable" so they don't get killed when they hit. . . . Kind
of like the highway barriers. Colors: Black & Yellow - alternating!

Talk with the city, county or state that maintains that part of the road
and ask if you can BORROW some highway barriers to put up.

Plant trees or thorny bushes along that area.

BE SURE TO KEEP ANYTHING WELL ON YOUR SIDE OF THE RIGHT OF WAY!

* * * * Above all, document costs, get license numbers (tag & drivers)
and force several of them to pay -- plenty. * * * * The court
publicity will help deter others -- maybe! HIRE the work done and DON'T
TAKE THE LOW BIDDER. :-)

Talk to the folks at some cemetery and see if they'll give you some of
the flowers they take up off the graves periodically. Take these
flowers and put them in a place or two near this curve to make it appear
someone has already gotten killed there! ;-) I'm sure you've seen this
done along the highway were someone has gotten killed.

Just a few ideas of my own. You may want to check with an attorney
before doing any of the above. In this screwed up system a burglar can
walk onto your property at night, intending to steal all you have, step
into a hole the dog dug in the yard and then sue you and/or your home
owner's insurance company for damages to his broken leg, etc. -- AND
COLLECT!

==================

Don wrote:
Hey there, got an unusual question:

I live out in the country and part of my front yard is on a curve.
Constantly when it is wet outside, cars go too fast around it despite
signs being posted and end up sliding in my front yard. There is a
small ditch along the road that they go through and into my front
yard. Yesterday, someone even took out a bush I had planted at the end
of my driveway.

ANy bright ideas on what I could do? I thought about taking a tiller
and making the ditch deeper where it would be harder for cars to go
through. I even though of welding together some sort of guardrail to
but on my side of the ditch.

Any help woould be greatly appreciated!