Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] michael.haskins@gmail.com is offline

Default Ceiling fan w/ light - Light doesn't work

First time poster here, so be nice....

I bought a ceiling fan with light from Lowes this afternoon and
installed it this evening. This combo piece is replacing an existing
fan-only fixture, and as such, there were only three wires coming out
of the outlet box (white, black, and ground). The fan operated off of
a single wall switch.

The instructions on my new fixture have (I thought) a wiring section
titled "Fan and Light controlled by chain" and has an illustration
connecting the fan white/black to the outlet white/black, and having
the fan blue wire capped off and not connecting to anything.

Anywho, that's what I did, and the fan works great. Problem is, my
lights won't come on.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I searched for a while and
couldn't find anything that fit this situation.

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike in Franklin TN