Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Replace 3-pin with 2-pin shaver plug

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 11:32:54 +0000, Lurch
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 10:46:04 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
mused:

In article ,
David Hansen wrote:
Technically not. The shaver socket will most probably be rated at
about 20VA so should be fine.

One would need to get hold of the plug from somewhere, or
cannibalise a suitable lead with the plug already on it.

Something like this might be the cheapest option.

long link was here

I'd say that would be the best option, would mean some dismantling of
the machine though if it hasn't already got a figure 8 inlet socket. I
would defnitley not recommend joining the flex in any form in this
situation.

No need at all. The existing plug unscrews and I've got a suitable 2
pin plug to screw back on. I certainly would not be trying to join up
mains cable for a hand held device used in the bathroom!

My concerns were the use of the shaver socket and the loss of the fuse
which have been covered elsewhere.

--
AnthonyL