Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave Sacramento Dave is offline

Default Big box store pricing.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
The question of who has the best prices often come sup here, it is Home
Depot or Lowes. Today, I had reason to be on both stores and checked the
price of an item I bought locally earlier this morning.

Taco circulator pump
Home Depot $86
Lowes $79
Supply New England $61.48

I still wonder why people line up at the big box stores thinking they are
saving a lot of money. If it was Sunday and I needed that part that day
to get the heat back on, I'd have paid it, but given the opportunity to go
elsewhere, it pays to do so.

I put a 5 1/2" MDF base board in my house Home depot $1.59 lnf local
lumber/hardware Meeks $.99 lnf.
If your buying just a little bit of stuff there convenient but any major
purchase shop around.One thing they do that just ****es me off Lowes and
Expo do it to they want $60 to come and measure you carpet. I brought a
detailed drawing to the 1/2" of three rooms door closets every measurement
you need, they said they have to come out and measure themselves. My answer
was if you can't give me a price from that drawing your to stupid to put in
my carpet. I've got prices on all kinds of flooring when I was in the
remodel businesses never was charged for an estimate. There the stores you
love to hate.