Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default PEX vs. CPVC vs. Copper

"Oughtsix" wrote in message
oups.com...
CPVP is the lease expensive way to go. Plex isn't all that expensive
until you start adding fittings. When I relocated our water heater
from under the stairs to our utility room I used cpvc. Copper would
have cost a fortune. The thing I noticed was that even thoug the
water heater was farther away hot water hit the faucets faster. I am
sure it is because it didn't have to heat up the copper along the way
every time a faucet was turned on.

CPVC has a smaller inside diameterthan copper, So water flows
through it faster for a given flow rate.

Bob