Old Nick

Default Alternative Fuels (was Cliff's Magic Bowl -10 inch OD 30 inch OD Circumference)

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:31:51 GMT, Larry Jaques
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Nearly all alternatives are efficient and viable in small
quantities. But solar electricity/hot water should be part
of all new homes (+5% cost, 2-5 yr ROI, cheaper than building

I'd love to see _that_, Larry.

I use bottled gas for hot water. Far more expensive than
"town" gas (natural). We also cook with it and I occasionally borrow a
bit for welding, heating and bending (metal content). The water heater
cost about Aud$500. It costs us about $250/year (?) to run all the
gas.

Solar hot water systems would save about 50-75%, claimed. So say
$140/year. I see a ten year payoff time at least. Our Govt currently
offers a huge rebate ($600) on Solar HWSs. This _still_ leaves them at
$1500-2000 IIRC. And that's with bottled gas.

..........no I'm not!

Spike....Spike? Hello?