Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JoanD'arcRoast JoanD'arcRoast is offline

Default Any of the "Budget" chucks compatible with Teknatool jaws?

In article , Ralph E
Lindberg wrote:

In article ,
JoanD'arcRoast wrote:

I have one Supernova2 and five jaw sets. Rather than empty my pockets
for "Companion" chucks, I'd like to get a couple knockoffs for the Cole
jaws, and perhaps the 1" jaws... then I can keep the Bowl Jaws on the
nova all the time!

Gristly, State Penn, Horrible Fright, 'Pinnacle' @ Woodcrapt; who else
might have something? [sorry for the bad puns...]

Others have answered the "do they", so here is the cheapest place I
know of to buy Nova chucks
http://stores.ebay.com/Woodworker-Sp...e-Chucks_W0QQc
olZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZkm (or drive to BC and visit the store)

Yeah, that's the guy I bought most of my stuff from. Best prices I've
found on the good stuff.

Went to Woodcraft today to see what the Pinnacles looked like. No joy.
The holes in the Pinnacle jaws are about 2mm farther apart, and the
mating surfaces are the opposite configuration (chuck male, jaw
female).
So unless I was willing to mod one hole in each jaw and mill the
registration surface off the chuck... blah, blah, blah. Hell, I ain't
gonna mess with that -- come on guys, there must be one cheapie chuck
out there configured like a nova...

-j