Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Canchippy Canchippy is offline

Default Any of the "Budget" chucks compatible with Teknatool jaws?

On Mar 3, 2:32 pm, Bill in Detroit wrote:
Canchippy wrote:
Up here in Canada, King markets a chuck that has an "O" or a "T" in
the model number. "O" for Oneway and "T" foe Technaool. I believe King
and Grizzly are the one and same. They cost around $150Can and I know
the "O" model takes all my Oneway Talon jaws

I can't find those "O" or "T" chucks, but I did find another source for
my HF lathe. Except for the paint job, the CH-900C is a duplicate of my
HF lathe:http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=34706

I DID find a single scroll chuck that might work for the OP at:http://www.kingcanada.com/Accessories.htm?ID=404

What I am mystified at is where to find their prices. NONE of their
prices seem to be posted ... not even on the PDF file for the "Parts
Pricing List" for the CH-900C. I can understand if they refused to sell
to people who use Firefox ... lots of folks do that ... but the prices
aren't even in the PDF file labeled "Parts Pricing List".

"If you have to ask, you can't afford it"?

Bill
is worth a **** unless backed up with enough genuine information to make
him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000721-1, 03/03/2007
Tested on: 3/3/2007 2:32:57 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com

OK here is the info from the label on the wood box the chuck came in.
4 jaw 4" wood lathe chuck
Fits 1"x8 TPI Wood Lathe Spindles
Mod: KW-100
King Canada Inc
Dorval Quebec Canada

It is identical to a Oneway with the 2 levers. Comes with 2 sets of
jaws and a screw
Check out Buzybee Tools
Original price at my local tool shop was $140Can
Reduced to $115.95

My Talon and Oneway jaws will fit this chuck and vice-versa