Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default attic insulation questions

wrote in message
2) fiberglass guys claims that cellulose will rot the wiring and
plumbing if it get wet, and will degrade. It is also very dusty which
is a big concern for me. Cellulose guy says fiberglass has health
risks. I have heating duct in the attic, and I am concerned about the
fiberglass, or the cellulose dust being drawn into the duct and gets
everywhere. Fiberglass guy says because my house is relatively old
(1950ish), he wasn't sure if I have tube/wire electrical wire up there
and cellulose is not safe. The cellulose guy said I don't need to
worry about it.

If you have knob&tube wiring, you don't want to insulate the
wiring. It won't meet code.

Bob