Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Which TIG should I buy?

In article , Leon
McAtee wrote:

(DougR) wrote in message
. com...

In other words, the foot pedal ALWAYS had the same
range, from minimum to machine's max amperage. The pedal range could
not be scaled back to reflect the max amperage setting on the dial,
the dial's reading only worked with stick welding.

So that's whats wrong with my EconoTig!
Other than that it's nice to know that the Tig I'm generally
disatisfied with is worth less than a 1/3 of what I paid for it :-(

I bought an Econotig a few months after they came on the market.
I wrung every possible limit out of that machine until I just had to
upgrade.
Along the way I got the motherboard replaced under warrantee to the one
that reactivated the dial in TIG mode.

For $1200 it was a great little machine.
To get the most of mine I was running it with a Helium/Argon mix gas
and a water cooled torch.

I had mine for 6 years until I upgraded to a Syncrowave 250, and a year
ago I upgraded again to a Syncrowave 250DX.