Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bob Daun Bob Daun is offline

Default Musing on Arch's musings

Reading this thread I wonder how many people just sharpen a scraper but
never bother to "turn the edge" on it so that they get the very best
performance possible out of the scraper. Personally, I really like the
device put out by Veritas to turn the edge of of my scrapers. What I would
really like to finder is a scraper with a little steeper curve on the end
for working with bowls with a rather small diameter opening. (One with a
shaft that actually has a curve to the left.
"Scratch Ankle Wood" wrote in message
.. .

wrote in message
ups.com...
snip
However you get the wood shaped the way you want is
your business. Scrape, cut, grind, drill, or saw any way you want to
get to the end is your business. Probably 99% of all turners are
hobby guys anyway, so why not learn the easiest way to do something so
you can get the most pleasure out of your hobby?

I have to agree -- the idea is to have fun and how you go about it is your
business. Save your distain for important things like the wusses who use
a pencil to do the crossword puzzles when they should use a pen. 8^)