Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling Ian Stirling is offline

Default Will tiny leak fix itself?

Martin Pentreath wrote:
Hi,

Just put up a new radiator, a hulking great vertical thing that was a
bugger, mainly through being so heavy. Now I've just noticed that
there is a teensy leak where one of the tails goes into the rad. I
guess I didn't tighten it enough (it's got PTFE tape on it). The only
way to fix it would be to drain the rad, get it back off the wall and
take an allen key to it. It's dripping at the rate of about one drip
every two minutes (probably even slower). What are the chances of it
healing itself? Maybe I should encourage a little sludge build up!

Small.
Why can't you just give it another fraction of a turn?