Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cap'n Cap'n is offline

Default Light switch wiring question..

On 3 Mar, 16:34, Lobster wrote:
Cap'n wrote:
On 3 Mar, 13:56, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
In article , Lurch
writes

You need a new switch, and soe rearrangement of the wires so you have
2 in one common terminal terminal and 3 in the other rather than 4 in
one.
3 wires in each common, since a link wire will still be needed.

Does this look OK?

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k251/Captain_Black_/DSCN0670.jpg

I took one of the reds out of the original common, & put it in the
second common (figured if they were connected via the 'link' wire
anyway it'd be OK). Otherwise everything is the same it was on the
original switch (just got a new one at B&Q).

You are sure that the switch is configured the same way though: ie
you've matched up the L1, L2 and C terminals in the new and old
switches? I've often found that they are in different relative positions.

David

Yeah - I'm sure I did..!

Anyway, it seems to work fine - nothing shorted/burst into flames/
knocked the building's power out so I guess it's OK.