Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default reusing PEX fittings

"BobK207" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 2, 8:13 pm, "Eigenvector" wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

. ..

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
What's the consensus here - should the PEX fittings be reused if the
line
has to be cut and reworked? I cut some old PEX lines that I installed
about a year ago and I noticed that there was some blackish residue on
the fitting - rust from the galvanized to PEX interface most likely.
But
I notice the discoloration and the fact that the crimp ring to some
extent distorts the fitting and it makes me wonder if I should discard
old fittings.

How much money are you talking about? How much is "peace of mind"
worth
to you? I'd go with new

Well my piece of mind is worth more than 2 bucks for an elbow fitting. I
have a big bag of them, PEX is usually sold in contractor packs, so I use
new anyway. But I was wondering about this as I tossed the old ones back
into the toolbox.

Are we talking about brass or plastic fittings?

cheers
Bob

Brass