Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Don Don is offline

Default Preparing for Power Outages?

"ameijers" wrote
"Don" wrote
sniff I want broadband again.
We're in Brown County, south-central Indiana.
Nothing ever changes here.

In Brown County, you don't need broadband. Too much fun available just
outside the door. I'm from the counties just on either side of there, so I
have spent a lot of time on or near 46- I'd trade this brand new DSL line
here in SW MI, for a Brown County address, in a heartbeat.

It IS beautiful here.
My regret is that we didn't move here 10 years ago.
Yes, I spend quite a bit of time outdoors.
Very few people here (15,000 in the whole county) but lots of wild animals.
I'm watching 2 squirrels race around a big snow covered cedar right outside
my office window right now.